Sunday, August 27, 2006

life goes on

August has been a busy month...here's an update on what the Andersons have been doing:
- Side entryway is now devoid of any and all wallpaper. Awaiting coats of primer and whatever color we finally decide on.
- Pete just returned from camping in the UP with his kids (and other staff). A good time was had by all, but he was grateful to return to a shower, a toilet and a bed.
- Work has been super busy for me as we are full force into the Christmas season. That means loooong days (arrive before 7 a.m., leave after 8:00 p.m. - made easier by the fact that Pete was gone last week. Not sure how to balance that this week). But fun things too: I got to meet Phil Vischer, the co-creator of VeggieTales, last week. And I got to interview Pat Summerall, which was nerve-wracking. I mean, he's really famous! I'm always afraid of sounding like an idiot when I interview, especially over the phone. Anyway, here's the finished result: www.familychristian.com/summerall
- We celebrated Tori Anderson's 11th birthday on Friday. Happy birthday, Tori! I've only known her 2.5 years and I already can't believe she's 11. Pictures from that forthcoming.
- We think skunks have taken up residence under our deck. Calls have been made to Critter Control. The fun never ends!
- Currently reading: Pete's been reading Lloyd Alexander's series (can't remember the name right now). I've been reading The Summer of the Great-Grandmother by Madeleine L'Engle, book 2 in her Crosswicks Journals series. Highly recommended.
- And remember Whitney Cerak, the girl involved in the accident and misidentification of Taylor students? She's back at Taylor today to begin her sophomore year. God is so good. Read more: www.whitneycerak.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you've posted again- I was beginning to wonder...Although I'm not much better :) I love Madeleine L'Engle- I've only read her "teeny-bopper" books though! I'll have to look for the ones you mentioned!