In lieu of another boring life update, I thought I'd post a list of some of my favorite blogs, especially since I can't figure out how to post the links on our blog template.
1. The Corner at NationalReview.com
http://corner.nationalreview.com/
This is a group blog on the electronic side of the political magazine National Review. They are all conservative politically, but what I appreciate is that they are thoughtful - not knee jerk. And it's a wide spectrum of people - a few athiest/agnostics, several Catholics, a few Jews and a handful of evangelical Christians. Some are employed by National Review, others with think tanks, the government, etc. One guy is a producer on the TV Show "According to Jim." And it's not all politics on this blog. Lots of interesting links. I have to admit - I check it at work at least once a day (don't tell anyone!) :)
2. Andrew Osenga - independent artist living in Nashville
http://www.andrewosenga.com/blog/
Andrew used to be the frontman for a band called The Normals - not your typical "Yeah God" Christian music. They have disbanded, and Andrew now plays with Caedmon's Call in addition to his solo shows and albums. He's also part of a community of independent Christian artists called the Square Peg Alliance, which also includes Andrew Peterson, a top favorite of both Pete and me. I'm going to Nasvhille for work next month and I'd love to check out a Square Peg show if I could (doubtful that would happen, but it's worth trying!)
3. My cousin Rachel
www.scottandrach.blogspot.com
It's a great way to keep up on my cousin Rachel's doings all the way over on the east side of the state. And congratulations again on your fantastic news! (Read her blog to find out what it is).
4. Following Austen - by Lori Smith
www.followingausten.blogspot.com
I stumbled upon this blog via AustenBlog and was hooked. Her posting has been spotty lately due to a battle with Lyme Disease, but she's a great writer and will have a book out soon about her summer following Jane Austen around England (my dream trip someday!)
There are others I randomly read, but those are the four I probably read the most. Follow the links and have some fun!
Tuesday, September 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yay! I am flattered that we made your list of faves. Thanks! Likewise, I check yours regularly and have it in my list of favorites. Isn't blogging great!
Post a Comment