As I drifted off to sleep last night, I had the thought: I don't want to work tomorrow. And when I woke up this morning, I still wasn't feeling all that motivated.
And then it was a stereotypical Monday - things not going right, issues with one of the projects I'm responsible for, etc. I sat at lunch with my co-workers and said, "I just want this day to start over." Then I could have (hopefully) a better attitude and things would just go my way.
And then, over the PA system, came this announcement: "Please evacuate the building immediately." Okay, great - a drill. They happen from time to time.
Several hours, lots of confusion, many fire trucks and one HAZMAT team later, I got my do-over. We got to go home early!
Not to make light of the situation, which hospitalized at least one person, but it was definitely nice to get away from a not-so-great day. Today's events also illustrated the great need for Zondervan/Family Christian Stores to have an emergency plan in place. There really didn't seem to be one. I'm sure we'll have a new policy explained to us soon. In the meantime, we spent a lot of time standing outside and then sitting in a room in an office complex next door until we got the okay to leave.
Here's the scoop:
http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6108405
We need to do better PR - FCS hardly gets a mention! :)
Monday, February 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment