Saturday, January 12, 2008

love at first sight


Peyton smiles are the best!
Much to my dismay, my maternity leave is winding down. Only three weeks left. It's gone so incredibly fast. Peyton and I visited work yesterday and it hit me - again - that I have to go back. I really like the people I work with and what I do, but going back is the last thing I want to do. I'm continuing to search for and pray about a part-time job so that I don't have to work full time. It's difficult to describe the ache I feel when I think about not being with him all day. The day he was born, I remember thinking "How is it possible to love someone I've just met this much?"
That thought hit me again last weekend when Pete and I went to see the movie Juno (we actually got out of the house to go on a date!) It's a funny, quirky movie about a 16-year-old girl who gets pregnant and decides to give her baby up for adoption. While it's a very funny movie, there are several very poignant scenes at the end (I won't describe them - don't want to spoil anything if you see the movie) that brought me to tears and all I could think was "I want to hug my baby right now." Wow -those women who give their babies up for adoption are doing such a selfless, beautiful thing. (I'm glad you work for Bethany, Dad!)
This is not meant to be a downer of a post, but I would appreciate prayers as we make this transition and as I search for a job that's more "family-friendly."

1 comment:

Katie said...

What a GREAT picture! How fun!
It looks like Peyton has grown quite a bit since Christmas.

Thinking of & praying for your family as we remember well the difficulty of these decisions.