I've been back at work now for nearly three weeks. And it's been a tough three weeks. We're both so grateful to have the support of family - and wonderful grandmas who give of their time to watch our little boy. But wow - it's hard.
Beyond the fact that I have to leave him each day, our new normal is defined by new logistics. It's amazing how one tiny little person can require so much effort! I try to do as much in the evenings as possible after Peyton goes to bed - pack diaper bag, make my lunch, pre-set the coffee maker, do a little cleaning and pick up. And - oh yeah - try to spend a little time with my husband. Fortunately, I have a fabulous husband who makes dinner every night and is a great dad. And he's learning how to deal with poopy diapers.
I view work differently now. Before Peyton, I worked a lot. In early and out late. Some weekends. But now, if I make it there by 8:00, I'm lucky (some of that has to do with all of the snow we've gotten lately - it takes forever to get anywhere). And I'm out at 5:00. That is made a bit easier by the fact that my job has changed and I can focus solely on writing copy. That's a blessing. But it's also about making better choices with my time.
I'm continuing to search for a part time job, since I do need to continue to work (I wish Wedgwood paid more than the pittance that they do - or that I didn't make as much as I do. Wait - maybe I shouldn't wish that). They are out there - they just need to pay enough. We don't live extravagantly, we don't have significant amounts of consumer debt, but we do need enough to pay our monthly bills and hopefully have a little left over.
Peyton is wonderful and has been easy going about this change in his life. He'll be 3 months old tomorrow, and he's cooing, smiling, grabbing at things - right on with all of those milestones. We'll take lots of 3 month pictures this weekend and I will try to get them posted soon.
2 comments:
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to seeing more pictures!
Ha! Found you through k2andkids :) I know we've had plenty of conversations about this, and I hope you know what a blessing it has been to have to to listen and understand exactly what I'm going through! Everyone always tells me "it gets easier" but it hasn't. I get more used to it, but it isn't any easier to leave my favorite little person in the world. :(
Hang in there... Psalm 20:4
Post a Comment