I'm posting this from a hotel room in lovely Nashville, Tennesee! There is a group of us down here from work for strategy meetings with our big music vendors - Word, EMI and Provident. Each of these companies encompass record labels, who present their new releases to us. We listen to lots of new music and get to do some really fun stuff. Today was our meeting with Provident, and we heard some great new music from both new and established artists. And then we got to have dinner with Michael W. Smith tonight. I grew up with his music, and while I'm not the fan I was when I was 15, it's still a bit of a mind-boggling experience. And let's just say that he's pretty airbrushed on his album covers. :)
While this is a fun trip, I really don't like being away from home. I'm a bit of a homebody to begin with, and I have such a good reason to be home. Plus, Pete just got the exciting news this week that he will be the assistant supervisor of the home he works at, so we won't be able to celebrate until I get home this weekend. I'm so proud of him - it will be a great role for him.
We have one more meeting tomorrow (with Johnny Cash's sister, of all people) and then we're on our way back. Before I left, we put in a lot of work on our entryway (there is paint on the walls!) and we might be able to finish up this weekend. Woo hoo!
Thursday, November 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment