Monday, January 05, 2009

first haircut=trauma

Peyton had been needing a haircut for awhile. We had hoped to do it before Christmas, but sickness and snowstorms prevented that. So a week ago Saturday we ventured to Snip-Its for the first haircut. Since I had once been the recipient of an unfortunate first haircut (sorry mom!) that needed professional remedy, there was no way I was going to try this on my own. Plus, I was a sucker for the whole first haircut package they offered (special picture, keepsake lock of hair, etc.) - I am that parent they market to. You only have a first haircut once, right?

Peyton did great until he got strapped in the chair and the stylist put the drape on him. That's when the crying started and didn't stop until he was safe in my arms. Fortunately, we had a kind, understanding and fast stylist who was done in a flash, and had obviously worked with fearful little ones before. And we were so pleased with the results - though this mommy is a little sad that her little baby boy looks like a big boy with his new haircut.





































2 comments:

Katie said...

Poor Peyton...
He does look adorable with his new cut though! I think that sylist is in everyone's first hair pix. She must be the best with babes. We try to get her everytime we go too!!

Denae said...

Awww he's so cute with his new big boy do! Your such a proud mommy!