This is why I don't blog very often...
(First, a disclaimer: this is is no way posted to elicit sympathy or to complain about life right now. I'm very, very blessed. It's just a peek into a typical day. I know life would still be nutty as a part-time working or stay-at-home mom, which I want to be!)
Monday, March 16
5:15 a.m. - Alarm goes off
5:30-ish - Head to shower (after hitting "snooze" at least once)
5:30 - 6:40 - Shower, apply makeup, run downstairs to make coffee, head back upstairs to dry hair, get dressed, make bed, curl hair, say good morning to Peyton while Pete gets him dressed.
6:40 - 7:00 - Eat breakfast and play with Peyton
7:00 - 7:20 - Back upstairs to brush teeth (mine and Peyton), downstairs to get shoes and coats on, gather last minute lunch items, load up car with bags, Pete and Peyton
7:20 - Leave home
7:40 - Drop off Peyton with Grandma M.
8:00 - Arrive at work
8:00 - 5:00 - Work - meetings at 8:30, 9:00 and 10:00. Use lunch hour to run errands (Bed, Bath & Beyond for kitchen items, Babies R Us for Peyton - where I score on clearance items!) Write copy and update national store directory for annual church supply catalog in the afternoon.
5:00 - Leave work
5:30 - Leave Grandma M's with Peyton
5:50 - Arrive home
6:15-ish - Eat dinner (lovingly prepared by Pete)
6:30 - 7:00 - Play with Peyton
7:00 - Give Peyton a bath
7:15-ish - Start Peyton's bedtime routine (jammies on, brush teeth, stories, songs, prayer, bed)
7:30 - Peyton in bed
7:30 - 8:30 - Start a load of laundry (Peyton's new clothes), pick up house, clean upstairs bathroom
8:30 - 9:00 - Help Pete with kitchen tile
9:00 - 10:00 - Watch "24" (one of two shows I actually watch. The other is "The Office" on Thursday nights). During commercials - pick up basement, vacuum basement, throw clothes in dryer, upload photos to computer and Facebook
10:00 - 10:30 - Load dishwasher, wash a few dishes, clean up kitchen from grout work (wipe down counters, run Swiffer WetJet on floor)
10:30 - 11:00 - Hang with Pete
11:00 - Lights out!
I think I need to go to bed earlier.... :)
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Amy - this morning routine could be streamlined!!!! I'm up between 7 and 7:30 and out the door with two fed/nursed kids at 8:30. The bed doesn't _always_ get made, though.
Post a Comment